Company Policies - Returns Policy
Giving our customers peace of mind
You can have peace of mind that IntelliSolutions Africa only stocks genuine and locally obtained brands. We are confident that you will be satisfied with every purchase you make.
If you experience any problem or concern, please refer to the options provided for below. We are committed to operate our business in terms of the Consumer Protection Act and all policies are subject to the applicable law.
Returns are subject to the following conditions:
We will refund or exchange most goods returned within 7 days of purchase. You will need to provide your original invoice, so please keep this in a safe place. If you need to return goods after 7 days of purchase, the goods can only be returned subject to management approval, and will attract a handling and restocking fee.
To start a return, you can contact us at email@example.com. If your return is accepted, we’ll send you a return shipping label, as well as instructions on how and where to send your package. Items sent back to us without first requesting a return will not be accepted.
Returns are subject to the following conditions:
- The products must still be in their original condition and packaging and you may not have used them at all.
- The return is done so at the expense of the customer, who will cover all courier fees involved. This will be deducted from the product purchase price if a refund is required.
- For an exchange, the client is liable for the courier fee for both the return and resending of the new replacement item.
- The products are re-parcelled in a suitable cardboard box and sealed properly for the return journey. Please remember to put a copy of your invoice in the box.
Are any goods excluded from the 7 day refund or exchange policy?
Yes, due to certain applicable legislation or for reasons of cost efficiency. The goods we exclude from the 7 day return and exchange policy are:
- Software and DVD’s are protected by copyright law. Unless there is a manufacturing defect in the goods, you can only return these goods if they are still in the original condition as sold and the packaging and plastic seal has not been unsealed or tampered with in any way.
- Goods which have been ordered through special arrangement or custom order and which is not a normal stock item may only be returned if defective.
- Goods which are sold as damaged, defective, used or repaired, where we disclosed these facts to you before you bought the goods.
What if the goods are unsuitable for the purpose I initially bought them for?
- If you indicated a particular purpose for which you intend using the goods to IntelliSolutions Africa and we confirmed that you will be able to use the goods for that purpose, you may return the goods within 7 days of purchases, if after you purchased them if it turns out that the goods are not suitable for the purpose you anticipated and indicated to IntelliSolutions Africa.
- Subject to our rights in law to charge you for use and to get the goods fit for re-stocking, we will give you a refund.
What can I do if the goods are defective?
- All goods sold by IntelliSolutions Africa have a carry in warranty, unless specified that the product is sold with an on-site warranty.
- If your goods purchased are defective and still within the manufacturer’s carry in warranty period, IntelliSolutions Africa will send details of where the goods must be sent for repair, and the manufacturer will decide whether you have a valid claim and if so, whether they will repair or replace.
- Goods sold with an on-site warranty will be logged with the necessary repair agent to arrange for an on-site repair.
- If the goods become defective once the manufacturer’s warranty has expired, the goods can be taken to the manufacturer or its agents to repair them.
- If you require IntelliSolutions Africa to arrange a Collect-Repair-Return, a fee will be payable for this service and no repairs will be done without you approving a quotation first. Payment for any repairs must be made before the work is carries out.
Are there any conditions that apply to manufacturer’s warranties?
As with all warranties, certain conditions and exceptions apply. Please take proper note of any terms or instructions that accompany your goods.
- Defects that develop may be replaced or refunded at the manufacturer’s election, and subject to the relevant manufacturer’s policy or extended warranty.
- Used consumables such as printer toners or cartridges may not form part of the hardware being repaired and will thus not be replaced during repair.
In what instances may the manufacturer’s warranty not apply?
The manufacturer’s warranty will only apply to defects in the process of manufacturing the goods and will not apply in the following instances:
- Damage caused by lightning or power surges.
- Damage caused by misuse or abuse to the goods.
- Goods used for a purpose other than the purpose for which they were manufactured.
- Goods used contrary to their instruction manuals.
- Accidental damage.
How will I be refunded?
Once we have accepted a return and approved a refund, you will receive the refund in one of the following ways:
- Electronic fund transfer (EFT) directly into your account (allow at least 3-5 working days)
- Credit card (by reversal back to your credit card and subject to banking delays)
Generally, you will be refunded in the same manner in which you paid IntelliSolutions Africa.
In order to request a return, this needs to be done within 7 of purchase. The following steps need to take place:
- Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting the return or exchange.
- Once the parcel has been sent back to our offices and received and inspected, we’ll contact you immediately to verify that we have received the parcel. We will then go ahead with the refund or exchange.
- If the order was paid by credit card, then we will refund your credit card. If you paid by EFT, then we will request your banking details and pass this on to our accountant who will do the direct deposit. Refunds typically take 3-5 working days to reflect into your account.
- For exchanges, we’ll notify you the moment the product/s have been dispatched and provide you with the tracking information.